Pages

4/27/2011

Emma is 5.

My big baby girl turned five today. She had a fabulous birthday party on Sunday.
It was a combined party to celebrate Aunt Renee's birthday, Grandmommy's birthday, Emma's birthday and Easter. It was a lot to fit into one day and the weekend was packed with a family lunch on Sabbath and Trey's blacklight gym show Saturday night. We were all super tired after all the goings on of the weekend.

She wanted a My Little Pony theme, plus Jasmine from Alladin (go figure). So, I ordered a cake from Walmart that was actually quite good. Chocolate cake with raspberry filling. It was iced in green and dotted with "puffy" flowers (this was the bakery lady's description). This served as the field upon which the little ponies frolicked about. I then placed a "stable" (iced gingerbread house I froze after finding at dirt cheap) in the middle of the field and stuck Jasmine in the mix. I also baked cookies in the shape of "Emma is 5", iced them and stuck them on the cake and 5 candles of course. It was a humungous cake and we sent nearly all of it to the boys dorm afterwards. My Mom had made a brownie torte and my grandmother brought a huge banana pudding. Plus, there was ice cream! Needless to say, sugar was king.

Emma ended up getting sick (probably from one of her cousins), and she kept a high fever from Monday evening through Tuesday evening. No other symptoms though and all is well currently. Thankfully no one else caught it. I'm especially glad that Evie didn't get sick.

God is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment