Pages

1/24/2013

Shameless!

My little baby is one year old. A toddler according to many sources, though I contest this association.
Of course all the kids in my home are all still my babies, so of course I would.

Anyway, before he was born we chose alligators as a theme for his birth. We fashioned the cutest baby wreath for his room and bought up many alligator themed articles of clothing and such.

Adorable (a.k.a. "Scary") Alligator
One year later... I have slaved away making banana bread cupcakes (with applesauce and honey so as to be healthier for my newly deemed "toddler") with brown butter and maple icing. I also make several attempts at baking a sugar cookie in the shape of an alligator. (I did finally succeed). Eventually I get that sucker iced and slap him on top of one of the poor cupcakes with a single candle to help hold up his massive girth. He is HUGE! (I had ordered the cookie cutter from Amazon and so was quite surprised by how large it was upon arrival)

So, we get him dressed in his new birthday t-shirt and everyone is assembled for the birthday doings. There is just one problem... He is terrified of his birthday cupcake (i.e. the alligator). I mean, he didn't just not like it. He wasn't just throwing a temper tantrum.

He. was. scared.

And being the shameless mom that I am, I took as many adorable pictures of his cute screaming, terrified expressions as I could.

Get it away! Get it away!
Save me Daddy!
Help me!
He eventually came around (after we removed the alligator and distributed it in three parts to the other kids) and allowed Joey to feed him a little bit of his SPECIAL birthday cupcake (remember, I SLAVED).

He then screamed because we didn't feed it to him fast enough. Go figure.

I snapped up those pics too! :)  Shameless!




(I hugged him later, he's not scarred... promise)


No comments:

Post a Comment