Pages

7/02/2013

We're Moving!

I had known for quite some time that we were moving. It wasn't thrust upon me suddenly. I'm sayin' I had  "months" to prepare for this eventuality.

So, when did I begin my packing for the move that happened day before yesterday?

About two weeks ago.

If ever there was a real life example of procrastination. Wow. I really don't need to start pointing those out.



So I began in the easiest room of the house - the playroom.

I'm an idiot apparently. I decide that the best place to start packing is in the room where all the kids toys and crap is strewn everywhere and they are still using? Why yes. Yes I did.

It was chaotic but what isn't in this house? I got it did - after like four days. That left me with about 1.5 weeks to finish packing the rest of an approximately 2500 sq. ft. house.

I won't go into detail - but basically I had to do it all myself and you know what happens when I am faced with a big job and no one to help... That's right. I must ping pong between Facebook and Pinterest until I have read every uninteresting article and repinned enough ideas to keep me DIY'ing, cooking and homeschooling for the next 200 years. Then I got to work - grumpy cat style.

There was screaming, crying, sleeping, grumbling and yes, packing. I even managed to utilize some helpful packing tips I repinned on Pinterest.

I got sick twice in the midst of all that. Two of the kids also got sick. We had friends come to help. They got sick while here. It was a regular urgent care 'round here.

It all finally got packed somehow though and Joey meticulously jigsaw arranged it all into our truck, the school van, and two large trailers.

Our stuff officially lives in MS again. We still live here in TX until the end of the month. :(




No comments:

Post a Comment